These are the instructions to flash or install the Samsung Combination Firmware on Samsung Smartphones and Tablets using the Odin Download Tool.
Install Combination Firmware on Samsung Devices
- Download and install Samsung USB Driver on your Windows computer (if Samsung Drivers are already installed on the computer, then SKIP this step).
- Download and extract Odin Downloader on the Computer (if you already have Odin Downloader Tool then SKIP this step).
- Download and extract Samsung Combination Firmware on your computer. After extracting the combination firmware, you may see similar files (file name may vary as per the device model number):
- Power Off your Samsung Device.
- Now, you have to boot your Samsung Device into the Download Mode.
- Once you have successfully booted into the download mode, you will be able to see the Warning Triangle on the device screen. Now, press the Volume UP key to continue.
- Open Odin Downloader (you have downloaded and extracted in step#2).
- Once Odin Downloader Tool is launched, you have to connect your Samsung Device to the computer using the USB cable.
- Once your device is connected to the computer, Odin will automatically detect it, and you will be able to see Added message in the Log area.
- Now, Click on the AP button and select the combination firmware from the firmware folder.
- Now, Click on the Start button to begin the flashing or installing process. Flashing Process may take up to 5-10 minutes to complete.
- Once the flashing or installing process is completed, you will be able to see the Green Pass message in Odin Downloader. Now, disconnect your Samsung device from the computer.
- Now, you need to restart the device (ignore if the device already started).
For Old Samsung Devices (with physical home button):
To boot the device into the download mode: Press and Hold Power + Home + Volume Down button together for 6-8 seconds.
For New Samsung Devices (without physical home button):
To boot the device into the download mode: Press and Hold Bixby + Volume Down then Hold Power button.
[*] Data Loss Process: Flashing the combination firmware may permanently delete your personal data from the device. Therefore, we recommend you to take a backup of your personal data before following the above guidelines.
[*] Warning: Always ensure to download the correct combination file of the respected model. If you download or flash an incorrect combination file on the device, then it might get brick. And we don’t hold any responsibility for that.
[*] Samsung Stock Firmware: If you are looking for the original Samsung firmware, then head over to Samsung Stock Firmware page.
[*] Credits: Odin Downloader Tool used above is provided by OdinDownloader. So, full credit goes to them for providing the tool for free.