These are the instructions on How to flash or install the Samsung Combination Firmware on Samsung Smartphones and Tablets using the Odin Download Tool.
Install Combination Firmware on Samsung Devices
- Download and install Samsung USB Driver on your computer. If Samsung Drivers are installed on the computer, then SKIP this step.
- Download and extract Odin Download Tool on your computer. If you have already downloaded and extracted the Odin Download Tool on the computer, then SKIP this step.
- Download and extract (unzip) the Combination File on the computer. After unzipping the combination file, you may see similar files (file name may vary as per the device model number):
- Power Off your Samsung Device.
- Now, you have to boot your Samsung Device into the Download Mode.
- Once you have successfully booted into the download mode, you will be able to see the Warning Triangle on the device screen. Press the Volume UP key to continue.
- Open Odin Download Tool (you have downloaded and extracted in step#2).
- Once the Odin Download Tool is launched, you have to connect your Samsung Device to the computer using the USB cable.
- Once your device is connected to the computer, Odin will automatically detect it, and you will be able to see Added message in the Log area.
- Now, Click on the AP button and select the combination firmware from the firmware/combination folder.
- Now, Click on the Start button to begin the flashing or installing process. Flashing Process may take up to 5-10 minutes to complete.
- Once the flashing or installing process is completed, you will be able to see the Green Pass message in Odin Download Tool. Now, disconnect your Samsung device from the computer.
- Now, restart the device (ignore if the device already started).
For Samsung Devices (with physical home button):
To boot the device into the download mode: Press and Hold Power + Home + Volume Down buttons together for 6-8 seconds.
For Samsung Devices with Bixby Button (without physical home button):
Press Bixby + Volume Down to boot the device into the download mode, then Hold the Power button.
[*] Data Loss Process: Flashing the combination firmware may permanently delete your data from the device. Therefore, we recommend you back up your data before following the above guidelines.
[*] Warning: Always ensure to download the correct combination file of the respected model. It might get bricked if you download or flash an incorrect combination file on the device. And we don’t hold any responsibility for that.
[*] Samsung Stock Firmware: If you are looking for the original Samsung firmware, then head over to Samsung Stock Firmware page.
[*] Credits: Odin Download Tool used above is provided by OdinDownloader. So, full credit goes to them for providing the tool for free.